Hotel Tirolerhofin , Austria
- One of the finest hotels in Zell am See.
- Aquarena Vital World with indoor pool and Sauna World.
- Rooftop Elements Spa with a range of treatments and massages.
- Three lounges, one with open fireplace, library and bar.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Number of rooms
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
The Tirolerhof is an elegant hotel with an incredible reputation – not only for the food, service and comfort, but also for the wonderful atmosphere and attention to detail from the owners, the Posch family, and their excellent team.
Family Posch don’t just rest on their excellent reputation, but are constantly striving to make the Tirolerhof part of the best holiday experience possible. The lovingly decorated bedrooms still have that traditional Alpine feel but with all the modern touches, comfort and style you’d expect from one of the top hotels in Zell am See.
The location is excellent – just a short stroll from both the lake and the centre of Zell am See. You can get to the CityXpress gondola in around five minutes on foot, or even quicker if you make use of the free shuttle service.
Dining is always a pleasure here, thanks to the use of freshly prepared, top-quality ingredients. And it’s not just regional classics that grace the menu, but also dishes from places as far-flung as Asia. The chic dining room adds a certain elegance to every mealtime, and the hotel bar is a lovely place to stop for an afternoon aperitif or an evening glass of wine by the fire.
Your spa and wellness needs are taken care of at the Aquarena Vital World. As well as the indoor pool and beautiful Blossom Garden relaxation room, you’ve got a range of saunas and steam baths, whirlpools and relaxation areas in the Sauna World. The rooftop Elements Spa is the perfect retreat for absolute tranquillity, with a relaxation room with waterbeds and an open fireplace, plus a menu of treatments to choose from. Or for a truly 5-star experience, spend some time in the private VIP Spa and enjoy the steam bath, aroma oil bath, lounge and individual treatments.
There's so much going on around the Tirolerhof. Stroll the bustling resort streets to discover shops, nightlife and restaurants of every kind. And you can't visit Zell without walking along the shore, admiring the stunning frozen lake - just 3 minutes' away from the hotel. It's a short walk to the main CityXpress gondola and Ebenbergbahn chairlift, and you've got a choice of runs to get back down again - Blue 5 and 7 go to the gondola base station, while Red 6 and Black 6 lead to the bottom of the chairlift.
· in the village centre · 6 minutes' walk to the CityXpress gondola · 10 minutes' walk to the Ebenbergbahn chairlift · free shuttle to the lifts (9-11am) · 3 minutes' walk to the lake
All rooms have a satellite TV, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, minibar and safe, and are non-smoking.
Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Small double room - sleeps 2: double bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Twin room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra single sofa bed when booked for three, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
Deluxe twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
Junior suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds and extra double sofa bed, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
Cots are available to hire free of charge on request.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WiFi throughout · restaurant · three lounges, one with open fireplace · library · bar · weekly live music · Aquarena Vital World with indoor pool with underwater massage area, whirlpool, Blossom Garden relaxation room with waterbeds and Sauna World with Finnish sauna, steam bath, salt grotto, laconium and tepidarium · extra charge for rooftop Elements Alpen Panorama Spa with relaxation room with waterbeds, open fireplace, stunning views and a range of treatments and massages · extra charge for VIP spa suites with private relaxation lounge and steam bath · fitness room · lift to all floors · non-smoking throughout
Please note: No access to Sauna World and relaxation room for children under 12 years.
· welcome drink · hot and cold buffet breakfast · daily après snack (4-6pm) · 4-course evening meal with a choice of main course, and daily salad buffet · weekly starter and dessert buffets · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Please note: Smart casual dress is required for dinner.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Ski & Spa
For a luxurious treat after a day on the piste, the Aquarena Vital World offers one of the region’s best wellness areas.
Inside the Aquarena Vital World you’ll find a large indoor pool with a counter-current system and adjoining whirlpool. If you want a bit of a detox, you can head to the Sauna World, which has a Finnish sauna and laconium. Or if you want to cleanse and purify, spend a little bit of time in the steam bath or salt grotto. When you need to cool down, the sensory showers will take you on an adventure through tropical thunderstorms to gentle spray mists. If you want to unwind and reminisce about your day, lay back on one of the waterbeds in the Blossom Garden relaxation room and listen to the crackling of the open fire.
For an extra bit of indulgence, pick a treatment off the extensive menu at the Elements Alpen Panorama Spa. Using both Maria Galland and Elemis products, you can choose from a range of massages and facials to manicures and pedicures. Additional charges will apply on treatments, which can be booked and paid for locally.
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.