Bavaria's winter wonderland - surrounded by snowy meadows and scenic mountains.
- Traditional Bavarian town, just an hour's drive from Salzburg airport.
- Plenty of cross country trails to complement the 12 ski lifts and 22km of slopes.
- Fun activities included with the eXtra card, including an ice rink and local pool.
This is a great destination for all round winter athletes – whether you're a professional or just going for fun. Ruhpolding has a wide selection of activities to get stuck into. Skiers and snowboarders can explore the Winklmoos-Steinplatte area which stretches across the border to Austria, while cross-country fans can skate through forests and along lakeshores. The landscapes and deep snow also invite you to try snowshoeing, sledging, fatbiking or skidooing. And you can even go horseback riding through this little wonderland.
The Ruhpolding eXtra card makes this an overall fantastic value holiday. You’ll get free access to the local pool, ice rink and museums, 2 hours per day lift use at Unternberg, bus travel, and a kids’ activity programme all included. And the best bit – the card is free to everyone staying at any of our hotels here.
With so much to do, you’ll need a great place to stay. There’s a great selection of hotels, popular year round due to their great service, comfort and atmosphere. Plus, you’ll have the chance to try out some classic Bavarian food and drink.
10% off lift pass & equipment
Ruhpolding eXtra Card
Included for all customers staying in Ruhpolding providing loads of bonus activities.
· Daily entry to the Vita Alpina pool and spa complex
· One ascent on the Rauschberg cable car per stay - 50% discount for each additional ride
· Two hours daily use of Unternberg ski lift
· Family amusement park
· Indoor ice rink
· Lumber Jack Museum
· Heritage Museum
· Glockenschmiede Museum
· Ski bus to the Winklmoos Alm/Steinplatte ski area
· Free coach rides to Reit im Winkl, Inzell and Bad Reichenhall
· Free bus ride to Traunstein
· Children’s programme
· Weekly Qi Gong
· Twice weekly stadium tour of the Chiemgau Arena
· Nordic walking tours
· Heritage evenings and concerts in the Kurhaus or Kurpark