The area has around 20 restaurants in total, most of them in the hotels or the chateau on Lake Louise, but there's also a few in the Samson Mall. Fine dining is commonplace so expect some fantastic meals. However, there's also some more casual places if you like to keep things simple.
• Walliser Stube, Fairmont Chateau – Amazing food, mountain views and fantastic service - what more could you ask? The innovative Euro-Alpine menu includes several choices of cheese fondue, plus chocolate fondue for dessert.
• Fairview Dining Room, Fairmont Chateau – Experience the best of contemporary Canadian cuisine, whilst enjoying world-famous lake views. Elegant dishes include buffalo, caribou, fallow deer and A Taste of Canada maple-themed dessert.
• Timberwolf, Lake Louise Inn – A family-friendly pizza and pasta café with a whole range of traditional and signature dishes. You can even get creative and build you own pasta, pizza or calzone.
• The Station – Looking for a meal to remember? Step back in time and dine in an authentic 1910 railway station or dining car. Menu favourites include the Station Stuffed burger and Dirty Man 'n' Cheese with pulled pork.
• Outpost Pub, Post Hotel – Simpler food and a cosy ambience, in the setting of an English pub. Chat with friends and watch sports on the TV whilst tucking into burgers, pizzas, quesadillas, goulash, steak and bratwurst.
• Temple Lodge (bottom of Larch area) – On the back side of the mountain, this self-service place offers a relaxed meal and friendly staff who ski into work each day.
• Whitehorn Bistro (mid-station of Grizzly Express gondola) – The place to go for on-mountain table service, here you can get delicious alpine-style food and spectacular scenery too.
• Northface Bistro (bottom of main lifts) – You’ll be spoilt for choice here thanks to the range of different dining stations, all offering fresh food finished to a high standard.
Nightlife is limited in Lake Louise, with evening entertainment being concentrated in many of the hotel bars which are more geared towards relaxation than wild parties. However, like with most resorts, there are a few places where you can really let your hair down.
• Powder Keg – This bar is ideal for a few sociable drinks. It's the real deal with leather furniture, huge TVs, a balcony overlooking the slopes, loads of alcohol and gorgeous, warm apple cider.
• Glacier Saloon – Based in the Fairmount Chateau Lake Louise, head here for live music most nights and a really good cocktail.
• Outpost Bar – With a lovely fireplace and live music most nights, this bar, located in the Post Hotel, is an ideal place for an evening tipple or two.
• Find your ski legs by taking the Top of the World Express up to Saddleback and Pika - lovely greens with great views.
• The terrain park is one of the largest in Western Canada, and has jumps, rails and boxes for all abilities.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your journey.
As there won’t be a rep based in Lake Louise, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities. If you need any assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.
Holidays to Canada are not available to book online - please call 01 433 1010 for prices and availability. Resort and accommodation info is available online – click the ‘ski resorts’ tab.
Why not add on a few extra days in fantastic Kicking Horse with an amazing 4133 vertical feet spread over 2,750 acres? Experience their famous champagne powder, challenging chute runs, and luxury mountain top dining to finish off the day in style. Call our Custom Made department on 0870 160 4090