An all-round Rocky Mountain experience with an authentic locals' town and superb ski area.
- Marmot Basin has the highest base elevation in Canada - 1,700m - and is the country's northernmost resort.
- The town is surrounded by a huge national park, great for activities, wildlife and spectacular scenery.
- Relatively compact ski area has mellow tree-lined runs for learners, along with steeper slopes if needs be.
The combination of the scenery, wildlife and the people who choose to live in this beautiful spot really make it special. The winter months here are low season - it’s during the summer that Jasper fills with tourists eager to see the Rockies, so in winter you can get a great price for visiting this UNESCO World Heritage Site. From your base in Jasper, it’s worth exploring the area. We recommend the ice-canyon walk on a frozen riverbed, with frozen waterfalls rising up 100ft around you. There are wildlife tours for animal lovers to enjoy or you can experience the amazing Rockies scenery on a dog sledding or snowmobile adventure.
It’s tough to fit everything in, especially with such phenomenal skiing. The snow conditions are always great, even in early December or late April. It gets the odd cold snap (usually during January) but that rarely lasts more than a day and the cold temperatures are why the snow’s so good.
New for winter 17/18 was the Tres Hombres area, a 367 vertical metre, north-facing slope consisting of five big runs, accessed through one of five entrance gates from the top of the Paradise quad chairlift. The whole area will probably take about 30 minutes to conquer and is really only for advanced skiers and boarders.
Ski Guiding: Free Mountain Hosts available daily to show you around the mountain (not suitable for beginners). This service is provided by local hosts and not Crystal Staff.
Please note: If you're travelling to Canada you'll need to complete an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA), at a cost of $7, as early as possible after booking as they can take longer than 72 hours to process. You can apply online now at www.Canada.ca/eta
Free ski carriage to Canada
Fly with Air Canada and pay nothing for your ski carriage.
Lift Pass Offers
- Get one free day on the mountain when you buy a 6-8 day lift pass for the price of a 5-7 day lift pass.*
- Get two free days on the mountain for the price of a when you buy a 10-11 day lift pass for the price of an 8-9 day lift pass.*
- Get three free days on the mountain when you buy a 13 day lift pass for the price of a 10+ day lift pass.*
*Combinable with the 2-for-1 deal.
Kids Ski Free
Free lift pass and equipment hire for children aged 12 years and under per each adult pre-booking lift pass or equipment hire of the same duration (minimum 6 days).
Pre-book lift pass and receive a Marmot Basin shuttle pass for free.
All deals are automatically included in the ski pack prices. Please see our terms and conditions.