Alpine Resortin , Austria
- Ski-in, ski-out hotel opposite the Schmitten, TrassXpress and Sonnenalm cable cars.
- Indoor pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and relaxation room.
- Cocktail bar with open fire and weekly live music.
- Free hotel-run kids' club for kids from 3-12 years.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Number of rooms
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
In a perfect position for those who like to be first on the slopes, the Alpine Resort sits directly opposite both the Schmitten and Sonnenalm cable cars,. It's also next to the ski school meeting point and the children's ski school area. With direct slope access from the ski room, the Alpine Resort is a great choice for active families and energetic skiers.
2-for-1 lift passes
· ski-in, ski-out · opposite the cable cars · ski bus stop almost outside · 20 minutes' walk down to the resort centre · 30 minutes' walk back up from the resort centre and lake
All rooms have a hairdryer, safe, cable TV and bathrobes (on request).
Small twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
Standard twin room - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private shower, WC and French balcony.
Superior comfort twin room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Suite - sleeps 2-5: One bedroom with Austrian twin beds, another bedroom with two single beds, living area with single sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony or terrace.
Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WiFi · new cocktail bar with open fireplace · weekly live music · lounge · sun terrace with great views · extra charge for AlpineSnack restaurant open 8am-5pm · umbrella bar with daily après ski · indoor pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and relaxation room · extra charge for massage · hotel-run kids' club - including crèche for children from 2 years, and children's miniclub with activity programme for ages 3-12 years incl · in-house ski school and ski rental · in-house ski depot with heated locker per room with direct slope access · lift to all floors · 66 bedrooms
· welcome drink · hot and cold buffet breakfast · afternoon snack · 4-course evening meals with a choice of main courses and daily salad, starter and dessert buffets · weekly farmers' buffet and Italian buffet · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Health and safety advice
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
AlpineKids Crèche and Miniclulb
The AlpineResort offers an all-season kids' club with an activity programme for little ones aged 3 to 12 years.
- The crèche provides children from 6 months of age fun and games during the day in the ski school miniclub
- The MiniClub is open in the evenings for children who have been to ski school and provides them with evening entertainment
Both clubs are open Sunday to Friday. The crèche runs during the day, while the MiniClub operates from 5-9pm. These facilities do not need to be pre-booked.
Babysitting can also be arranged on request for an extra charge.
Hotel run kids' club
This hotel runs a kids' club - see the hotel description for details.
Step straight onto the slopes from your hotel and avoid any awkward ski bus transfers.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Best for families
A great choice for families, geared to make life easier for parents - and more fun for kids. Featuring one or more of the following: family rooms, free child places, kids clubs and one-parent savers.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.