With over 20 places to eat in town, there's enough to keep things interesting for a week-long trip. From cafeterias, to mountain huts, to hotel restaurants, the styles certainly vary, but there's an abundance of hearty Austrian cuisine as well as several Italian options.
• Gnadenalm – A cosy chalet-style restaurant that's the best place to come for excellent fondue or ribs - you need to order a day in advance, but it's so worth it. Finish up with classic apple strudel.
• Lürzer Alm – Stop here for a filling lunch of Austrian specialities in a warm, lively atmosphere - schnitzel, dumplings and strudel, plus old favourites like steaks, burgers and pizza.
• Grill800, Hotel Marietta – Take your time to choose your steak - Irish dry-aged, Canadian Angus, Australian wagyu or Nebraskan - cooked at a high temperature to ensure a caramalised surface and a juicy centre.
• Mundwerk – A modern, glass-fronted place with a range of fresh, fast food from around the world - American burgers, Asian woks, Thai curry and Italian pizza. They also do takeaway.
• Kringsalm – Another lunch option, here you can relax in various dining and lounge areas, and enjoy amazing views whilst tucking into classic Austrian or international dishes from the mixed menu.
• Kringsalm (bottom of Seekarspitz chairlift) – Table service and self-service dining spread across six modern, stylish rooms.
• Edelweissalm (top of Edelweiss chairlift) – The place to be come après time, this is a popular bar/restaurant with huge portions of food too.
• Mankei-Alm (piste 3a) – Looking for a proper ski hut experience? Head here for classic Alpine cuisine, live music and super friendly staff.
Nightlife in Obertauern is relatively lively with lots of action-packed bars. With no less than 25 mountain huts, and loads of venues at the bottom of the slopes, you won't run out of new places to try.
• Lurzer Alm – A traditional Austrian après bar with an energetic atmosphere and lots of Austropop hits. Set over two floors, it's spacious too with incredibly high ceilings.
• Latsch'n Alm – Imaginative and impressive decor, along with a huge fireplace in the middle, is what makes this bar. It's often referred to as the most beautiful Alm in Obertauern.
• Qu-Bar – With cowprint chairs to bright wallpaper, this funky bar has a pleasant atmosphere, and is said to be one of the top après venues in the Austrian mountains.
• Blue 2b is set in the 'fairytale forest' so the views are beautiful, and it's often empty too.
• Confident skiers can tackle the Super 7 - skiing to the seven highest points in Obertauern.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your journey.
As there won’t be a rep based in Obertauern, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities. If you need any assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.