Excellent snow conditions and high altitude skiing for mixed abilities.
- Circle the village clockwise or anti-clockwise on the famous Tauern Circuit, a mix of red, blue and green runs.
- Great for mixed ability groups, with easy blues by the Edelweiss lift and steep blacks by the Gamsleiten lift.
- Celebrate an excellent day’s skiing in one of the many huts and bars, like the famously funky Qu-Bar.
Originally just a mountain pass, Obertauern is the highest resort in the state of Salzburg, sitting on the edge of the tree-line, and is now known as Austria's snowiest winter sports destination. The scenic peaks of the Tauern range surround the pass, allowing the lifts to fan out from a central point, creating a superb natural circuit which can be skied in either direction. And with the Edelwiss coupling chairlift, you can ski at night and enjoy night-time views of the starry skies over the slopes.
With its excellent snow record - averaging around 264 centimetres a season - variety of terrain - including great off-piste options - and great childcare facilities, this is an ideal choice for families and mixed ability groups. It's known as Austria's home for snow and new for winter 18/19 is the Plattenkarbahn with 8-seat chairs and 10-seat gondola cabins to taking you straight to the slopes in comfort.
Top 3 accommodations in Obertauern
from €1055 per person
from €1385 per person
from €989 per person
€50 off per person
Kids Ski Free
- Free lift pass for children aged 5 years and under when accompanying adult pre-books a lift pass of the same duration.
- Free helmet for children when pre-booking skis and boots.
- Free pick up by ski school bus from hotel, when pre-booking tuition.
- Free access to night skiing lifts with lift pass.