Alpbach may be a small village but there's a good choice of around 20 restaurants, mostly hotel-based. Chefs in the area know to take advantage of the amazing local produce, and tend to stick to traditional Tyrolean recipes.
• Messner's Pizzeria – A stylish and cosy cafe that serves crispy, thin crust pizzas with loads of toppings. You can also choose pasta and traditional Austrian dishes like dumplings.
• Jakober Gasthof – This old cabin is the hub of the village, and has a relaxed ambience and an extensive menu of Austrian dishes, plus weekly fondue nights - a must visit.
• Hotel Zur Post – You'll have a hard time choosing which local dish to try - the potato pancakes with creamy spinach is a popular one. It's a bit more expensive here, but worth it.
• Gipfö Hit (Schatzberg Peak) – Classic combination of a large terrace and breathtaking views, plus a cosy open fire inside and traditional mountain food.
• Böglalm (piste to Inneralpbach) – Popular with the locals, the battered wooden beams and rustic fare give character to this self-service restaurant.
• Rübezahl-Hütte (top of Markbachjoch gondola) – Cosy up next to the fire to tuck into familiar Austrian mountain dishes, and enjoy the view of the Wilder Kaiser.
Energetic après and nightlife is fairly limited in Alpbach, though you'll still be able to enjoy a beer or two in a relaxing environment, whether it's up on the mountain or down in resort.
• Post Alm – Known for its eclectic mix of live music from traditional Tyrolean sounds to 80's rock 'n' roll.
• Jakober – Look out for the advertised live bands here, there's often something happening in this informal Irish pub - so head to the bar and try a pint of Weissbier.
•Hotel Böglerhof – Sit back and relax in the warmth of this large and luxurious bar. Here you'll find an open fire and waiters and bartenders wandering around in their traditional lederhosen in true Austrian style.
• Red 67 is an excellent run to the end the day on - it's one of the most beautiful in the area.
• The snowpark is great for beginners and families just having fun, or intermediates honing their skills.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to Alpbach to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.