Over 100 restaurants are available throughout Vail, with the best being in town rather than on the mountain. More upscale than most ski resorts, the food here is generally expensive but usually excellent quality. Mealtimes needn't always break the bank though - more affordable options are dotted around too.
• Sweet Basil – One of the most popular, with beautiful food and a stylish glass wine cellar. Expect modern American meat and seafood, plus fun desserts like the cookie plate (with mudslide, cherry chocolate and snickerdoodle flavours).
• Blue Moose Pizza – Hearty Italian fare in a family-friendly atmosphere. Try a huge New York-style pizza or classic pasta. There are pizzas for vegetarians and vegans too, or you can create you own.
• Nozawa – Get a taste of the Orient with the huge menu of Asian dishes - from Thai curries, to Chinese stir fries, to Japanses sushi, you'll always find something fresh and delicious.
• La Tour – Modern French cuisine with impeccable service, perfect for a special meal. Classics like lobster bisque and stuffed squab grace the menu. For dessert, try the trio of crème brûlée, chocolate truffles and lemon madeleines.
• Pepi's, Hotel Gramshammer – Be transported across the pond to Austria, with Alpine favourites like goulash, schnitzal, bratwurst, veal and pork - something unexpected on an American ski break.
• The 10th (top of Gondola One) – Arguably the best on the mountain, this table service restaurant is a firm favourite with locals thanks to its elegant menu and amazing views.
• Wildwood (top of Wildwood Express chairlift) – A convenient self-service eatery at 11,000ft above sea level, where you can enjoy award-winning sandwiches, grills and baked goodies.
• Larkspur (bottom of Golden Peak chairlift) – An unusual but mouthwatering fusion of American and French cuisines that’s not to be missed.
Out of the three base areas in Vail, Vail Village and Lionshead are the most lively. The après and nightlife scene is varied and many of the venues stay open until the early hours, allowing you to release all that energy before repeating the next day.
• Garfinkels – A cornerstone in Lionshead for both guests and locals where you can sit back and watch the last of the skiers and boarders making their way down the hill. There's even a wall adorned with photos of past visitors - will you make it up there?
• Red Lion – Since opening in 1963, this pub has established a good reputation and is also crowded in the afternoons. With signature cocktails, microbrews and live music, it's a definite must-visit.
• Shakedown Bar – This is the best spot in Vail for live music - the owner himself has toured the world as a musician and manages to rake in bands from all over the US and Europe. As the evenings draw to a close, the bar turns into a nightclub.
• On powder days, head straight to the famous Blue Sky Basin for an unforgettable day's skiing.
• Experts should go up to the Sun Up Bowl, China Bowl or Siberia Bowl for more challenging runs.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
As there won’t be a rep based in Vail, we’ll email you before you arrive to give you your reference number for any pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.
Holidays to USA are not available to book online - please call 01 433 1010 for prices and availability. Resort and accommodation info is available online – click the ‘ski resorts’ tab.
We highly recommend combining a first week in one of Vail's chalets with a second week in one of our Aspen or Breckenridge chalets. Visitors to Breckenridge and Vail can take advantage of the superb Colorado Ticket which covers both areas and offers a 13 day lift pass for the price of 10. Transfers between resorts can be by coach (for a small supplement) or by Free car rental. Please specify your preference at the time of booking.