A large, high-end resort with good skiing for all abilities and some world-famous powder back bowls.
- One of America's biggest ski areas.
- Great terrain for all abilities.
- World-class hotels and restaurants.
Vail is one of the largest ski areas in the world, with seven back bowls, lots of groomed terrain and a whopping nine metres of average annual snowfall. On the front side, the long, wide runs are groomed throughout the day. Head further back and there are wide-open bowls, tree runs and virtually no people. It’s got an attractive, alpine-style village centre and three ski area bases - Vail Village, Lionshead and Cascade Village. Plus a huge a number of world-class luxury hotels to choose from, close to the slopes and complete with 5-star restaurants and award-winning spas.
If you want to learn more about the mountain and get a local’s take on some of the best runs, Vail offers free guided tours to anyone who is intermediate or above. They’re offered every morning from the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola and Gondola One.
Of the three base areas, Vail Village and Lionshead are the busiest. For après, the Red Lion in Vail Village and Garfinkels in Lionshead are always popular choices. If you want to continue the party, many of the bars stay open until the early hours of the morning.
With 300 days of sunshine, a popular spot is Blue Sky Basin - head to Belle’s Camp for an outdoor barbeque with some amazing views. Then continue around the corner to Big Rock Park, one of Vail’s most popular spots for skiers and snowboarders.
Ski Guiding: Free Mountain Hosts available daily to show you around the mountain (not suitable for beginners). This service is provided by local hosts and not Crystal Staff.
Please note: When you register for your ESTA you must have a valid passport at the time of registration. For any travel to the USA, your passport must be an e-passport that contains the microchip and the e-passport symbol.
Equipment Hire Offers
- Vail Cascade customers can take advantage of Christy Sports' sister company ‘Door 2 Door’, who will deliver and fit quality hire equipment for you in the comfort of your hotel room and then collect it from you at the end of your stay. With delivery service you can still call into any Christy Sports hire store for assistance or to drop off your equipment.
- Pre-book any ski or snowboard hire package for 9 days or more and get one day free.