Grindelwald has a fantastic range of over 60 hotel-based and independant restaurants to choose from, and a huge variety of cuisines - from fast food to gourmet, and from Swiss to Italian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and beyond. Alpine favourites are a big deal here, and there are seven restaurants which just specialise in cheese dishes.
• Golden India – Savour sublime Indian food, painstakingly selected from the large menu. All the classics are there, as well as some more unusual dishes, plus fresh-baked breads - it's no wonder this place is so popular.
• Barry's, Hotel Eiger – Swiss and international dishes share the menu at this relaxed eatery. Choose from local meat and fondue, as well as steaks and Thai curries. Save room for black forest tiramisu or prosecco parfait.
• La Marmite, Hotel Kirchbuhl – The stylish interior, with lots of light wood and copper, pairs well with the relaxed atmosphere and beautifully-prepared French and Asian-themed cuisine.
• Pizzeria da Salvi, Hotel Steinbock – A huge range of classic and speciality pizzas, all cooked fresh in the wood-fired oven. You can also choose pasta, steaks, chicken and raclette from the big menu.
• Eigernordwand (top of Kleine Scheidegg) – A must-visit for the most incredible views of the north face of the Eiger, best enjoyed whilst devouring a bubbling pot of cheese fondue on the terrace.
• Café Mary (Lauberhorn piste) – Also know as the ‘Witch House’, this little hut is in a stunning location and offers tasty Swiss fare, a good wine list and delicious homemade cakes.
• Berghaus Bort (mid-station of First cable car) – This old building hides a modern interior and a real hidden gem of a restaurant, which serves up first-class food.
The friendly and cosmopolitan resort of Grindelwald has plenty of bars, restaurants and even mountain huts to keep you entertained. Each one is different, from quiet and informal to loud and atmospheric, and many of the bars in town line the main street.
• Espresso Bar – With live music throughout the season, this venue is a party hotspot for all ages. Whether inside or out, on the sun terrace, it's always crowded and everyone's got a drink in their hand.
• Avocado Bar – A small bar with a friendly vibe that's popular mid-afternoon when everyone's making their way off the slopes. What's more, it's got some of the cheapest drinks prices in town.
• Two trains leave from Grindelwald - green/yellow for the mountains and blue/yellow for Interlaken.
• Have lunch at the top of the First and enjoy views of the mountain from the terrace whilst you refuel.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
Our reps will meet you at the airport and help get your lift passes, equipment hire and tuition sorted. They’ll also be available in Grindelwald so, if you need anything during your trip, just check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat.
All Swiss transfers are with Swiss Rail and are unaccompanied. A 2nd class rail ticket is included. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.