Chambery 2 hrs 15 mins
· small beer €3· litre of milk €1.20· bottle of house wine €12 · cup of coffee €2.50
Glacier High Altitude Guaranteed Snow
glacier resort guaranteed snow
Best for apres-ski and nightlife
Ski area with glacier skiing
So what's it like?
Sun-drenched skiing with superb facilities
Alpe d'Huez has been nicknamed 'the Island in the sun' for a very good reason. Boasting the fifth largest ski area in France, there is a good variety of skiing for all abilities. A great family resort you will find excellent ski school, Crystal childcare and a wealth of amenities including a large outdoor pool and skating rink. The resort is also a mecca for younger groups looking for some lively après ski with some superb bars and nightclubs.
Pepi penguin childcare
Ski Information Beginners
Unbeatable wide gentle green and blue runs for a successful start to skiing. The well-regarded ski school will provide the essential basics.
Ski Information Intermediates
The variety of skiing is excellent and the consistent good conditions are difficult to match elsewhere. Fearless intermediates should enjoy most of the super long black runs from Pic Blanc and there are some lovely long runs down to 0z and Vaujany. Most intermediates would be working very hard to cover all areas of Alpe d'Huez in a week.
Ski Information Advanced
Ideal for experts as here you'll find some of the most testing terrain in France, including La Sarenne, one of the longest blacks in Europe and the notorious Tunnel Run. The resort also offers many off-piste options for the more advanced skier or boarder.
• full of action with lots of live music • Smithy's Tavern • Sphere bar • the Underground Bar in the Hotel Chamois • Zoo bar or L'Etalon for a more French ambience
Helicopter rides, ice driving, leisure centre, outdoor ice skating, outdoor swimming pool, parapenting, sleigh rides
More than 40 restaurants, all categories · Pizzas from €10 · Fondues from around €20 · 3-course menus from €30 · Les Épiciers in the resort centre for an excellent à la carte menu. Genepi and La Pomme de Pin for French cuisine, Smithy's for Tex Mex and Le Roi Ladre for pizzas.
· Excellent mountain access for non-skiers with many marked walks · Cinema · Fashionable boutiques
New for winter 2014/15 Crystal childcare is now available in the Hotel Petit Prince.
Whizzkids/Whizzclusive club is available 20 & 27 Dec 2014, 03 & 17 Jan, 07 &14 Feb, 21 & 28 Mar & 4 Apr 2015
Pepi Penguin club is available - 10, 24 & 31 Jan, 21 & 28 Feb, 7 & 14 Mar 2015.
The Pepi Penguin Club - (6mths-4yrs) is run by our own qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room within the hotel equipped with games and toys. Outdoor play included (weather & parental consent permitting).
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm or
- Morning only care from 8.30am to 2pm, including lunch, or
- Afternoon only care from 2pm to 5pm
- 2 course hot lunch (for children attending Full day and Morning only clubs)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- A daily routine and activities report for your child
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bumboarding, snowy walks, gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
The Whizz Kids Club - (3yrs-11yrs) will provide plenty of fun filled days as our childcare staff offer a combination of care for non-skiing children. For children wanting to ski then our Whizzclusive option is available for children from 3 years which includes 6 x AM ski lessons, pick up and drop off from ski lessons, lunch and afternoon care by Crystal staff in the dedicated Whizz Kids club room.
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm plus Pyjama Club
- 2 course hot lunch
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Whizzclusive only - 6 x am ski lessons, ski school drop off/pick ups. child's ski's, boots and helmet hire.
Special offers for winter 14/15
Kids ski free: free helmet for kids booking skis & boots
Money savers: one free entry to swimming pool ('Speedo' style trunks) and ice rink with lift pass
Senior savers: reduced lift pass prices for seniors 65-71yrs