There's a pretty big choice of eateries in St Wolfgang, though unfortunately a lot of them are closed in January and February. Most restaurants stick to traditional Austrian meat and cheese dishes, so don't expect a huge amount of variety.
• Gasthof Franz Josef – With a strong reputation for traditional home-cooked food, generous portions and stunning lake views, it's no wonder this place is so popular.
• Kraftstoff Bar – American-style burgers make a nice change from the usual Austrian fare. It's family-run, family-friendly and popular with the locals.
• Seerestaurant, Hotel Im Weissen Rössl – Visit this famous hotel for a gourmet meal created with local ingredients like fresh fish and sheep's milk. The lake views are amazing, and the signature desserts are delectable.
• Dorf Alm – Get an authentic taste of Austria with charming dining rooms and hearty cuisine - plus the nail game, and occasional live Austrian music and yodelling competitions.
• Rottenhof-Hütte (Anger lift) – This 400-year-old cottage has been family-run for generations and the produce comes from their own cattle and dairy farms and onsite schnapps distillery.
St Wolfgang isn't home to raucous and rowdy bars and huts, but you will find friendly spots ideal for reminiscing about your day on the mountain. More lively venues tend to be in the village and, ironically, tends to be in the cafés.
• Dorf Alm – Make your way here on Mondays for an authentic evening of Austrian nails, yodelling competitions, traditional dress and music. It's guaranteed to be a fun night all round.
- Intermediates can start at Hornspitz in Gosau, whilst experts can head for the runs around the Panorama lift.
- Take some time off the slopes to enjoy winter activities like snowshoeing or ice skating on the frozen lake.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 contact number.
- Online info pack with resort information.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
As there won’t be a rep based in St Wolfgang, the staff at the Hotel Im Weissen Rössl will be happy to help you arrange lift passes, equipment hire and tuition, as well as share tips and advice about the local area.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.