There's a pretty big choice of eateries in St Wolfgang, though unfortunately a lot of them are closed in January and February. Most restaurants stick to traditional Austrian meat and cheese dishes, so don't expect a huge amount of variety.
• Gasthof Franz Josef - With a strong reputation for traditional home-cooked food, generous portions and stunning lake views, it's no wonder this place is so popular.
• Kraftstoff Bar - American-style burgers make a nice change from the usual Austrian fare. It's family-run, family-friendly and popular with the locals.
• Seerestaurant, Hotel Im Weissen Rössl - Visit this famous hotel for a gourmet meal created with local ingredients like fresh fish and sheep's milk. The lake views are amazing, and the signature desserts are delectable.
• Dorf Alm - Get an authentic taste of Austria with charming dining rooms and hearty cuisine - plus the nail game, and occasional live Austrian music and yodelling competitions.
St Wolfgang isn't home to raucous and rowdy bars and huts, but you will find friendly spots ideal for reminiscing about your day on the mountain. More lively venues tend to be in the village and, ironically, tends to be in the cafés.
· Dorf Alm - Make your way here on Mondays for an authentic evening of Austrian nails, yodelling competitions, traditional dress and music. It's guaranteed to be a fun night all round.
· Excursion to Salzburg · Post bus service to Bad Ischl (local spa town) · Shops · Banks
Tips from our local team
- Intermediates can start at Hornspitz in Gosau, whilst experts can head for the runs around the Panorama lift.
- Take some time off the slopes to enjoy winter activities like snowshoeing or ice skating on the frozen lake.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
As there won’t be a rep based in St Wolfgang, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities.