Innsbruck 1 hr 30 mins
draught beer €4 bottle of house wine €13.50 coffee €2.50 burger & fries €7
Glacier High Altitude Guaranteed Snow
high altitude skiing
So what's it like?
Cosmopolitan resort with extensive skiing and a lively nightlife.
St. Anton, at the centre of the Arlberg Ski-Circus, is firmly established as one of Europe's top ski resorts. The ski area is vast with superb skiing for all abilities covering St. Anton and the neighbouring villages of St. Christoph, Lech and Zürs. The cosmopolitan atmosphere of this famous village also ensures plenty of activities off the piste with a multitude of lively bars, excellent restaurants and plenty of shopping opportunities!
Ski Information Beginners
The St. Anton beginners slopes are just above the village towards Nasserein and are ideal for building your confidence.
Ski Information Intermediates
The Galzig and Gampen areas offer a superb range of blue and red runs to get your skiing legs into gear. The Rendl area on the sunny side of the valley has plenty of challenges while you will find long cruising runs off the Valluga.
Ski Information Advanced
St. Anton is an experienced skier's paradise, with countless challenges on and off-piste - tricky black runs, steep narrow gullies, bump runs and fantastic off-piste trails. The high mountain runs from the Valluga are particularly fearsome, and the Mattun, Schindlerkar and Stuben runs are definite highlights.
St. Anton is famous for its bustling nightlife and après ski
On the Mountain
· Krazy Kanguruh: Lively mountainside après ski bar on the run down from Gampen - partying from 3pm til after dark
· Taps: Neighbouring the Kanguruh, Taps has a large terrace for enjoying a happy-hour beer and the afternoon sun before your final descent into town
· Mooserwirt: Arguably St. Anton's most popular bar on or off the mountain - with dancing on tables and plenty of beer flowing
· Kandahar: Popular cocktail bar with free WiFi and underground nightclub
· Bobo's: Mexican themed - wash down a plate of nachos with a tequila or two before dancing the night away
· Piccadilly: British-style bar with daily live music and open 'til late
· Post Keller: Next door to Piccadilly is the Post Keller disco - with DJs on hand to keep you partying much later than planned
· Bar Cuba: Lively après bar in town with regular live music
· Fang House: By the Nasserein gondola - Fang House is perfect for a more relaxed après atmosphere
· Ice skating: Hire a pair of skates and head to St. Anton's outdoor rink close to the Arlberg-well.com centre.
· Curling: Try your hand at an evening of curling on the floodlit ice rink.
· Ski show: Every Wednesday evening the St. Anton ski school demonstrate the evolution of skiing through the years in the Arlberg region. With technical skills, jumps and fireworks.
· Tobogganing: Test your mettle down the 4km floodlit toboggan track running from Gampen, down the valley, to Nasserein.
· Sleigh rides: For a real winter wonderland feeling - how about a romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride in the snowy valleys of the Arlberg?
Arl.rock sports centre
St Anton's top of the range sports centre offers a range of activities. There are over 1000 square metres of indoor and outdoor climbing, for all levels of ability from absolute beginners to experts including their winter outdoor ice climbing wall. For sports you may be more familiar with there are indoor tennis, volleyball and squash courts, football pitches and a four lane bowling alley.
'ARLBERG-well.com' leisure complex
The ARLBERG.well.com wellness centre is a real haven for rest and relaxation. If you are just after a splash about, there is a spacious heated indoor pool with underwater massage jets and waterfalls, leading out to the warm outdoor lazy river. Also outdoor is the scenic sports pool and back inside is a separate childrens pool with mini slide. The multi-level Sauna World is a spacious wellness zone featuring a Finnish sauna, kelo sauna, sanarium, steam bath and massage showers. And if all that isn't enough you can also book yourself in for a range of massages to sooth aching muscles.
Over 60 listed cafés and restaurants in St. Anton ranging from traditional Tirolean to international.
· Pizzas from €7 · 3-course traditional dinner from €15-20 · San Antonio, Rosanna's, Pomodoro, Dixies 1 and 2, Nassereinerhof and Bobo's.
One way (arrival) from €31 pp
Return from €59 pp
Other information - Cities
Off-piste skiingChild ski school
The Arlberg Ski School runs Powder Club days leading you to the most beautiful untouched snow slopes in St Anton:
Powder Light Perfect if you are a confident skier who has mastered parallel turns but would like to experience the fascination of deep snow skiing for the first time. You will improve your ski and snowboard technique and off-piste performance on medium steep areas and experience easy ski or snowboard tours.
Powder 55 If you can already ski in deep powder then this is your chance to challenge yourself and to perfect your technique on medium steep-steep areas amongst stunning scenery.
Powder Extreme This is the ultimate challenge if you are an experienced Freerider. With steep descents and testing ski or snowboard tours, this club will only run when conditions are good.
Each day course lasts approx. 6 hours. Meeting at 9.00am and subject to minimum 5 people per group.
€96 per person incl. equipment (tranceiver, rucksack, shovel and probe).
Enjoy your skiing in the knowledge that your children are in the expert hands of the specially trained instructors at Ski School Arlberg. The ski school accepts children from 3 years upwards with special lessons combining ski and play for children (3-5yrs) who are trying skiing for the first time. Ski school prices include all of the following:
• Weekly programme including 3 theme days - Hoppl Active Day, Snowman Day and Crazy Face Day.
• Weekly children's race with prize-giving, a tombola and a kids' aprés ski party.
• Alpine Ski Garden with a modern conveyor lift.
• For teenagers and children who have skied before they can enjoy expert tuition in all areas including carving, powder skiing, moguls and racing.
Lunchtime supervision is available (€14 per day) in the themed Children's World restaurant including lunch, drink and entertainment.
Tuition is also available for snowboarders (from 8yrs) as well as snowbike, snowfox, scooter and snowblade lessons!
Private Nanny service (6mths-8yrs) Open to all guests staying in our chalets in St Anton. Available to groups and families booking an entire chalet, your private nanny will care for children in the comfort of your own chalet. Pre-booking is essential.
Snowman lift pass - for children born 2006 or later €10 per person (available locally).
FREE ski and boot hire for 2 children (3-10yrs incl.) when 2 adult pre-book the same