Cosmopolitan resort with extensive skiing and a lively nightlife.
- Renowned for incredible après.
- Car-free centre and Tyrolean charm.
- Excellent snow record.
St Anton is famed for excellent snow conditions, legendary off-piste and one of the best après scenes in Europe. Skiing here can be challenging, especially in the Galzig area, but your pass gives you access to a substantial 340km of varied terrain. This includes the labyrinthine tree runs of Gampen and the under-rated Rendl. After a hard day on the slopes, finish off with a slopeside drink at the infamous Mooserwirt or Krazy Kanguruh, before continuing the party in town. St Anton is a real ski village with stacks of charm, sophisticated spas and a cosmopolitan atmosphere.
The local ski schools have a great reputation, although the learning curve in St Anton is steep. Beginners should stick to Nasserein for gentler blues but confident intermediates have plenty of scope for exploring. It’s well worth keeping in mind some of the ski area’s quieter extremities, such as Stuben. Experts will be in their element with plenty of fun to be had, both on and off-piste.
Make sure you hook up with a local guide to test out the Valluga and jump on the ski bus to neighbouring Sonnenkopf for a powder day. If you’re staying around the centre of town there’s a well-stocked supermarket for supplies and plenty of bars and restaurants for an evening (or two) on the town. It’s not all go though, there’s the quieter end of town at Nasserein and the excellent ARLBERG-well.com spa is perfect for a spot of self-indulgence.
Top 3 accommodations in St Anton
from €875 per person
from €892 per person
Garni Hotel Goldenes Kreuz
from €907 per person
1/3 off lift pass packages
Kids ski free
• Free ski and boot hire for 2 children (3-10 years incl.) when 2 adults pre-book the same
• Free child helmet hire when booking skis and boots
Snowman lift pass
• For children born 2008 or later €10 per person (available locally)
• Adults born 1941 or earlier pay approx €113 for a season pass or €23 for one day, €44 for 2 days €67 for 3 days or €90 for 4 days (available locally)