Salzburg 1 hr 30 mins
• large draught beer €3.10 • bottle of house wine €19 • coffee €2.20 • burger and fries €5.20
Free ski/board social service
So what's it like?
Beautiful alpine village, perfect for families and beginners
This picturesque, old goldminers' village is set in the stunning Hohe Tauern National Park between the Gastein valley and Zell am See - amongst some of the highest mountains in Austria. A well-kept secret, the pretty alpine village of Rauris is a great destination for families, beginners, and confident beginners that enjoy the long Blue runs that Rauris has to offer.
2 for 1 lift pass
Book early and get on the slopes for less. Buy one adult lift pass and get another one free when you book your ski holiday today.
Hurry – availability is very limited for 2 for 1 lift passes for some hotels, resorts or countries and when they're gone the offer will end.
Certain departure dates are also excluded. See terms and conditions for details.
Ski Information Beginners
The Hochalm area is ideal for beginners. The nursery slopes are directly by the gondola station allowing easy access to the slopes. On some of the higher beginners slopes you can also take in the breathtaking alpine panoramas of some of the highest mountains in Austria. Taught by efficient and friendly ski instructors you will experience some of the best tuition in the area.
Ski Information Intermediates
The Kreuzboden and Waldalm areas have well groomed, wide, long red runs, excellent for improving your technique - accessed directly from the village by comfortable chairlifts.
Ski Information Advanced
A little known treasure! The black run from the Heimalm to the bottom of the gondola is really something special. There can also be priceless deep snow on unprepared pistes. Waldalm and Kreuzboden slopes give you a fantastic 3.3km run!
Take in the atmosphere with cosy mountain huts, après ski bars and lively umbrella bar. Try:
· Shakesbeer · S Pub · Bellino · Rauriser Stadl · Grimming Keller · Sportalm
bowling alley, curling,leisure centre, parapenting
Numerous restaurants offering traditional Austrian specialities, as well as international cuisine. Some to try: · Gusto (once awarded Gault Millau points) · Salzburgerhof s'pfandl · Grimming · Braü · Schüttgut · Sportalm · Andrelwirt
· Shops and supermarket (open Mon-Fri and Sat. am) · Souvenir shops · Banks and cashpoint · Rauris Schnapps distillery and micro-brewery · Alpine wildlife enclosure
For children at ski school:
• Children's ski school train - A journey on the 'fun' train!
• Magic carpet (for the very little ones)
• Treasure hunt - Find the pirates' treasure!
• Ski race - The most exciting day of the week!
• Prize giving - Ski awards for everyone!
Kids ski free: FREE lift pass for children born '08 or later
FREE child helmet when pre-booking skis & boots
Kids taster: Children aged 4-5 yrs can take a trial day or half day lesson with the ski school. Book locally from approx €30
Special offers for winter 14/15
Kids ski free
• Free lift pass for children born 2009 or later.
• Free child helmet when pre-booking skis & boots.
• Children aged 4-5 yrs can take a trial day or half day lesson with the ski school. Bookable locally from approx €30.