Picturesque Alpine village, perfect for families and beginners.
- A beautiful market town, full of character and surrounded by the Hohe Tauern National Park.
- The fantastic ski school and intimate 32km ski area make it easy for beginners to learn the ropes.
- Plenty of non-ski activities, from night sledding to visiting a 600-year-old schnapps distillery.
Once you've got back into your stride and you're looking for a challenge, head to the Fun Slope - a 700m long adventure with banked turns, waves, kickers and a 'snail'. If you're not as confident, the Nugget Park offers rookies a chance to get their first taste of air. Aside from the usual boxes and rails, younger crowds can look forward to the 'rainbow', a semi-circular box. And, if you have the need for speed, then the race hill, with an automated time-keeping system, promises loads of fun and laughs as you compete to be the best of the best.
But if you’re just looking to try some of the wider alpine sports, there’s 30km of cross-country skiing to tackle. When the weather’s right the Barbara Falls freeze solid. If you’re looking for even more adventure, try your hand at ice climbing, which is just south of Rauris.
Top 3 accommodations in Rauris
from €504 per person
from €508 per person
from €574 per person
€100 hotel credit
€100 off per booking
Kids Ski Free
- Free lift pass for children aged 5 years and under.
- Free helmet for children when pre-booking skis and boots.
Children aged 4-5 years can take a trial day or half day lesson with the ski school. Bookable locally from approx €30. Terms and conditions apply.