High altitude, a great snow record and a traditional Alpine atmosphere.
- One of the highest ski villages in Europe at 1,930m, ensuring excellent snow all season long.
- Traditional town with an 18th-century church, high-quality hotels and cosy restaurants.
- Modern lifts, like the Kirchenkarbahn gondola that leads to the Top Mountain Crosspoint restaurant and museum.
The skiing and lifts start directly from the village. And as Obergurgl is relatively small, with lifts at either end, it's quick and easy to get up the mountain. There’s a free ski bus that regularly travels along the valley. And many of the hotels are really close to the slopes - so you might be able to ski right back to your door at the end of the day.
The mid-mountain Top Express gondola links Obergurgl with neighbouring Hochgurgl, for easy access to the extended ski area. The reliable snow and quiet pistes make both resorts a popular choice with families and a safe bet for those after gentle and intermediate runs.
Off the slopes, Obergurgl remains largely unspoilt - oozing character, charm and tradition. Plus there's a great selection of après ski bars, beer kellers and restaurants. If you want to take in the best views in the resort, head up the gondola to the iconic Top Mountain Star restaurant at 3,082m. This futuristic-looking building sits perched on top of the mountain and has phenomenal 360° panoramic views of the Ötz Valley Alps and the Italian Dolomites.
Obergurgl's jam-packed with top-quality hotels that really know a thing or two about great hospitality and service. Plus the vast majority have spa and wellness facilities that should easily satisfy the most experienced sauna and massage aficionados.
Top 3 accommodations in Obergurgl
from €848 per person
from €926 per person
from €928 per person
Kids Ski Free
- Free lift pass for children aged 7 years and under.
- Free helmet for children aged 11 years and under when pre-booking ski and board equipment.
- Free ski and boot hire for one child aged 10 years and underwhen two adults pre-book the same.
Free access to night skiing lifts with area lift pass.