A top Austrian resort both on and off the slopes.
- Famous for its candy-coloured buildings, high-end shops and stunning scenery.
- Mix of traditional mountain huts and chic gourmet restaurants, including eight with Gault Milau awards.
- Racers and spectators come from all over the world for the famous Hahnenkamm Race in January.
Sandwiched between the Hahnenkamm and Kitzbüheler Horn mountains, Kitzbühel is one of the most cosmopolitan Alpine resorts. An imposing Gothic church and brightly-coloured medieval buildings dot the high street - housing traditional hotels, sophisticated shopping, buzzing après and an atmospheric nightlife. Add to that the scenery, a diverse ski area - with 170km of piste - and it’s easy to understand Kitzbühel's popularity. It’s also home to the Hahnenkamm Streif, the Ski World Cup’s most notorious downhill race - which draws crowds of thousands to the biggest annual ski party.
On one side of the valley the Hahnenkamm gondola gives you access to the main bulk of skiing with miles of terrain and plenty of variety - recently expanded to reach the quieter Jochberg and Resterhöhe slopes thanks to the 3S gondola link. Savvy skiers tend to start the day on the Kitzbüheler Horn - on the opposite side of the valley. The Horn is smaller but also quieter and perfect for warming up your ski legs or getting away from the crowds. It’s also home to a beginner’s snowpark and has plenty of marked snow trails for keen freeriders and snowboarders.
There are over 50 mountain huts and restaurants to choose from for break times – surprisingly it can sometimes work out cheaper for lunch on the mountain. Most après is concentrated back in town - although on a clear day it’s worth grabbing a drink and a few final rays from a deckchair near the Hahnenkamm top station.
Top 3 accommodations in Kitzbühel
from €610 per person
from €652 per person
from €652 per person
2 for 1 Equipment
Available on selected dates. Terms apply.
2 for 1 Ski carriage
Kids Ski Free
- Free lift pass for children aged 5 years and under.
- Free ski and boot hire for two children aged between 3 and 10 years, when two adults pre-book the same.
- Free helmet for children aged 10 years and under when pre-booking skis and boots.