On Innsbruck's doorstep with winter activities for all.
- Loads for skiers and non-skiers alike.
- Full of character and charm.
- Access to the Stubai Glacier.
On the southern side of Innsbruck lies the small, charming village of Igls. Just 5km from the city centre, Igls has a transfer time of 30 minutes from the airport.
Many of the pistes in Igls itself are suitable for intermediate skiers, while beginners can find their feet on the nursery slopes on the lower slopes in the village area. Advanced skiers can explore 8 other ski areas, totalling 295km of piste including the nearby Stubai glacier, all reachable by free ski buses.
Igls is also great for non-skiers as the sights and shops of Innsbruck are within easy reach. Take a scenic tram journey down to the Tyrolean capital - full of trendy shops, restaurants and museums to explore.
Closer to Igls you can take a stroll along the many cleared footpaths around the village, ride the cable car to the panoramic restaurant to meet skiing friends for a meal with a breathtaking view or, for the adrenaline seekers, take a 100km/h ride down the Olympic bobsleigh run in Igls.
The village also offers tobogganing, twice weekly floodlit skiing, swimming, curling and ice skating.
Kids Ski Free
- Free local lift pass for children aged 5 years and under.
- Free helmet for children when pre-booking skis and boots.
- Free ski and boot hire for one child up to 10 years incl. when two adults pre-book the same.