On Innsbruck's doorstep with winter activities for all.
- Loads for skiers and non-skiers alike.
- Full of character and charm.
- Access to the Stubai Glacier.
On the southern side of Innsbruck lies the small, charming village of Igls. Just 5km from the city centre, Igls has a transfer time of 30 minutes from the airport.
Many of the pistes in Igls itself are suitable for intermediate skiers, whilst beginners can find their feet on the nursery slopes on the lower slopes in the village area. Advanced skiers have the possibility of exploring 8 other ski areas, totalling 295km of piste including the nearby Stubai glacier, all reachable by free ski buses.
Igls is also great for non-skiers as the sights and shops of Innsbruck are within easy reach. Take a scenic tram journey down to the Tyrolean capital - full of trendy shops, restaurants and museums to explore.
Closer to Igls you can take a stroll along the many cleared footpaths around the village, ride the cable car to the panoramic restaurant to meet skiing friends for a meal with a breathtaking view, or, for the adrenaline seekers, take a 100km/h ride down the Olympic bob sleigh run in Igls.
The village also offers tobogganing, twice weekly floodlit skiing, swimming, curling and ice skating.
Kids ski free:
• Free local lift pass for children born after 2011.
• Free child helmet when pre-booking skis and boots.
• Free ski and boot hire for 1 child up to 10 years incl. when 2 adults pre-book the same.