Innsbruck 30 mins
So what's it like?
On Innsbruck's doorstep with winter activities for all
Nestled on the southern side of Innsbruck lies the small, charming village of Igls. Just 5 km from the city centre, Igls boasts a transfer time of 30 minutes. Many of the pistes in Igls itself are suitable for intermediate skiers, whilst beginners can enjoy finding their feet on the nursery slopes on the lower slopes in the village area. Advanced skiers have the possibility of exploring 8 other ski areas, totalling 295km of piste including the nearby Stubai glacier, all reachable by free ski buses. Igls is also great for non-skiers as the sights and shops of Innsbruck are within easy reach by taking a scenic tram journey down to this cultural city with trendy shops, restaurants and museums to explore. Closer to Igls you can take a stroll along the many cleared footpaths around the village, ride the cablecar to the panoramic restaurant to meet skiing friends for a meal with a breathtaking view, or, for the adrenaline seekers, take a 100 km per hour ride down the Olympic bob sleigh run in Igls. The village also offers tobogganing, twice weekly floodlit skiing, swimming, curling and ice skating.
Ski Information Beginners
There are several nursery slopes in the resort of Igls, and with the wide uncrowded slopes of the "family run" easy to reach, Igls is a great place to gain your confidence.
Ski Information Intermediates
Igls is a great place to improve your skills on the snow. The 7km run from the Patscherkofel peak all the way back to the village offers breathtaking views over Innsbruck. Venture over to the Stubai glacier to get more kilometres under your belt, and enjoy some excellent snow conditions all season long thanks to the north facing slopes and glacier runs in the area.
Ski Information Advanced
The Olympic men's downhill run above Igls will challenge even the best skiers and there are lots of additional possibilities for more experienced skiers to be explored in the wider Olympia Skiworld area. There are also locally organised ski-touring days and off-piste excursions.
• Generally low key, relaxed resort with a few bars and cafes or entertainment within hotels
· 3 km tobogganing run · Olympic bobsleigh experience · Floodlit night skiing twice weekly (€12 adults, €6 children) · Ice skating · Curling · Winter hiking paths · Ski and snowboard races · Horse riding · 120km Cross country skiing available (free ski bus journey to access) · Nearby Olympic ski jump venue · Swimming pool at Sporthotel Igls · Tennis / squash court
• Variety of restaurants including the traditional Austrian cuisine at Aegidihof • Pizzeria • Cafes
• Scenic tram ride and regular bus service to Innsbruck (5km away) • Christmas market in Innsbruck • Supermarket • Banks • Pharmacy • Post office
Local area rep. We'll give you a call to say hi once you've settled into your accommodation. We'll get you sorted with your lift passes, lessons and equipment so you can settle in and get on the slopes as soon as possible. You can also find our phone number, lots of tips, activities and après events in your info pack. We've got loads of insider tips for your ski resort. Just call 24/7.
· Children's club operatated by ski school available in resort for children aged from 4 yrs from 9.00am - 4.00pm. Lunch is available for additional €6 per child. Staff speak English.
· Lunchtime supervision with a meal is also available for children in ski school at a cost of apx. €10 per day to be paid locally.