Groups, families and childcare information
- Group discounts are available for parties of 10 or more off the holiday price. Discounts may also be available on lift pass bundles.
- Discounts vary depending on the party size, departure date, airline or flight/train route taken and accommodation chosen.
- Our groups teams can confirm the discount available at the time of booking and this will remain valid for 5 days.
To qualify for discounts on both holiday and lift pass bundles the following conditions must apply:
- Available only on 7 night charter flights to Europe & selected Eurostar services to France.
- The party size is determined by the number of full fare paying passengers except where there are two children who are paying a percentage discounted child priced holiday where they will be counted as one full paying passenger towards the party size. Children paying other child prices do not count towards party size.
- Supplements, insurance and ski pack items are not included.
- Group must book for the same date, duration and resort.
- Only 1 free child place is allowed per group. Maximum 2 reduced child places per booking.
- The discount will be applied to the lowest priced holiday (basic holiday price+holiday supplement, where applicable).
- Additional passengers who are added on at a later date cannot alter the original group discount.
- Reductions in group size may result in a reduced discount which will be reflected in the price each person pays. Group discounts may be lost if all the conditions are not complied with.
- All passengers must pay the full deposit.
- Discounts on lift pass bundles are not available in all resorts and countries.
- Group discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised including, but not limited to, money off offers, sale offers and ski pack offers (other than those outlined below).
- Names should be supplied at least 4 weeks before departure or as agreed with the Crystal Holidays reservations team, except for scheduled flights which require all names at the time of booking. A name change after this will incur an amendment fee.
- Free name changes are permitted on TUI up to 4 weeks prior to travel. A name change after this will incur an amendment fee.
- An administration charge will be levied for pre-booking additional overseas facilities.
- Group reductions do not apply to any low cost or scheduled flights.
- The group leader must ensure that all members of the group have adequate holiday insurance.
- Free pre-bookable seating is only available on flights with TUI.
- Options can be held for groups but this will be for a limited period only and the timeframe will vary depending on your date of travel and accommodation choice.
- Payment by credit card will incur a 2% fee; there are no charges for payment by debit card.
Free Kids’ places
It doesn’t get more family friendly than giving your child a free holiday. There are Free Kids’ places on hundreds of holidays as well as reductions on their lift passes, tuition and equipment.
Free places are available across most dates. Free or reduced price places are on selected flights and accommodation only and are subject to availability on a first come first served basis. Free child places are limited to one per booking. All free and reduced prices are on the basic price only. Any flight, room or board supplements, ski packs, childcare or nanny service charges etc. are payable in full.
Free Kids’ places are available on 7 night holidays at European family chalets and selected hotels using charter flights. Free places apply on selected flights and once used up the Kids’ Specials prices listed in the table below apply.
|Season Departures on or between||Free places||Kids’ Specials*||Finest Kids’ Specials|
|21 Dec 2013 - 27 Dec 2013||Free||€329||€389|
|28 Dec 2013 - 03 Jan 2014||Free||€499||€529|
|04 Jan 2014 - 10 Jan 2014||Free||€269||€349|
|11 Jan 2014 - 31 Jan 2014||Free||€229||€319|
|01 Feb 2014 - 07 Feb 2014||Free||€269||€339|
|08 Feb 2014 - 14 Feb 2014||Free||€249||€329|
|15 Feb 2014 - 21 Feb 2014||Free||€459||€629|
|22 Feb 2014 - 28 Feb 2014||Free||€249||€339|
|01 Mar 2014 - 07 Mar 2014||Free||€279||€329|
|08 Mar 2014 - 21 Mar 2014||Free||€259||€319|
|22 Mar 2014 - End of season||Free||€229||€319|
Self-drive holidays are included in Free Kids’ offers. Children count towards the occupancy in chalets and Crystal run hotels but do not in self-catering apartments.
Other child discounts
We also offer child discounts in other accommodations that do not feature free kids and kids’ specials prices. In these scenarios providing the child discount criteria have been met then the child will receive the discount as outlined in the ‘Other European departures’ table listed below:
Other European departures
|Departures on or between||Child discount|
|21 Dec 2013 - 27 Dec 2013||15%|
|28 Dec 2013 - 03 Jan 2014||10%|
|04 Jan 2014 - 07 Feb 2014||25%|
|08 Feb 2014 -14 Feb 2014||15%|
|15 Feb 2014 - 21 Feb 2014||10%|
|22 Feb 2014 - end of season||20%|
Selected properties, including the Grande Hotel Claviere, Italy, the Seiblishof in Ischgl, Austria and selected hotels from the Langley and Hotel & Altitude chains in France, may have reduced child prices which vary from those listed in the tables above. Please see our website or call our Reservations team for our most up to date child prices.
One Parent savers
Single parents wishing to get away to the slopes this winter can take advantage of our unique One Parent savers. When one adult shares a room with one child then the child is entitled to a discount. The child must be aged 2-11 incl. and the One Parent saver discount does not apply to any room supplements, ski packs etc. Please note this is a limited offer available in a small selection of accommodations and the offer may apply only to selected room types. For more details, please give us a call.
North America child prices
For any holiday to USA and Canada, children aged 2-11 inclusive receive a 10% discount on the adult fare. If your property has any under-occupancy supplements then children count towards the occupancy.
Child reduction criteria
- Unless otherwise stated, reductions are based on a child/children sharing a room with a minimum of two full fare paying passengers. Reduced places are limited to two per booking.
- All free child places and reductions apply to 7 night European charter flights, train to France and Self-Drive holidays only. For all European scheduled flights, the child reductions apply as per ‘other European properties’.
- Children receiving a free or reduced price place do not count towards a Group run reduction. Children do not qualify as full fare paying passengers (except in European chalets and Crystal run hotels) and as such do not count when calculating under occupancy supplements or sharing supplements.
- Infants (children under 2 years of age on the day of return travel to Ireland) pay an administration charge of €59(€220 Approx USA/Canada), provided that no flight, coach or train seat is used, with direct payment to the hotel or accommodation owner for any food/hire of cot etc.
- Free and reduced price children do not count towards the occupancy in the car on Self-Drive holidays.
- One Parent Saver reductions are for genuine one parent families travelling alone. Any persons that take advantage of this offer who do not meet these criteria will be charged the balance of the holiday price in resort. Reductions only apply for properties where indicated.
- Children’s ages are 2-11 for hotels, apart-hotels, Crystal run hotels and chalets, and 2-15 years for self-catering apartments and 2-11 in USA and Canada.
- In the unlikely event that the child price plus under occupancy supplements exceeds the adult price, just deduct €59 from the adult price. This cannot be combined with any other offer.
Crystal Childcare information
Availability: All our childcare is extremely popular. It is therefore essential to secure your child’s place at time of booking (subject to availability) as numbers are limited and the correct adult:child ratio will always be maintained.
Our childcare operates from the day after arrival over a 6 day period (except Private Nanny Service which runs on 5 days). If any of our childcare staff are taken ill or unavailable, we may have to withdraw these facilities until we are able to provide suitably qualified staff.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept any child or to withdraw any child from our care, if due to illness or other reasons if it is not possible for us to provide suitable care, or if they pose a potential risk to other children or our staff. Children who are ill cannot be cared for in our clubs due to the spread of infection to other children and our staff and need to be clear of symptoms for 24hrs - you may be required to provide a Doctor’s note.
Children not booked into our childcare services, when operating, or left in their rooms during the evening, without supervision, are left so entirely at the responsibility of their parents/guardians.
Our resort childcare is available to all our customers in resort and normally involves walking, taking a bus or ski lift and are based on a drop off and pick up basis. Certain hotels offer exclusive childcare to customers staying in a particular property.
- Childcare bookings made for Crystal Childcare or Private Nanny Service are non-refundable.
- We ask that parents/guardians are contactable at all times whilst on the slopes and that all children are signed in and out of every session at only the Crystal club location.
- Messy play and various outdoor activities could incur unavoidable soiling/staining to children’s clothes. All our products are sourced from reputable brands and we use washable advertised products in our clubs; however we can’t guarantee that all marks can always be removed and therefore do not accept liability.
- Any items left in the Crystal Childcare club rooms are done so at the parents ‘/guardians’ responsibility.
Childcare staff & ratios
Our Pepi Penguin Clubs will run with at least one qualified nanny (NNEB, BTEC, NVQ3 or equivalent) and we operate to a minimum ratio of one nanny per 3 children under 2 years, and one nanny per 4 children if all children are aged 2-4 years (please be aware there may not always be two staff present, at all times, but we will always ensure correct adult:child ratios are adhered to). Our Whizz Kids Clubs are run by staff who have a combination of qualifications and experience.
All prices can be found on the main childcare pages, but please note there is a €17 - €30 supplement which applies on certain dates:
- Pepi Penguin Club: 15-16 Feb 2014
- Whizz Kids Club: 21/22 Dec 2013, 28/29 Dec 2013 & 15-16 Feb 2014
All our children’s meals are freshly prepared and our chefs follow nutrition guidelines for salt, sugar and fat. We also look to provide every child with their 5 fruit or vegetable portions a day. In Hotel Grand-Claviere each morning you will be asked to select your child’s choice of evening meal from the day’s menu. Early meals are served in Hotel Grande-Claviere at approx 5.30pm and we ask that parents are present. Food for infants can be pureed (please ask a member of staff), however for infants too young for normal family meals, we do ask that you bring the necessary baby food (i.e. formula milk or specific brand jar food) with you. Children’s early evening meals in Hotel Diva-Tignes and Hotel Terra Nova-La Plagne are available from 6.30pm. We ask that parents are present at all meal times to supervise whilst eating.
If you are staying in a chalet where the childcare is located (Chalet Rose-La Plagne 1800), and full day childcare has been pre-booked then you will receive 1 night’s free babysitting from 7.30pm-10pm which takes place on your chalet host evening off.
Evening clubs like Pyjama Club and Snuggle Club that run from 7.30pm-10pm, 6 evenings a week, come at an extra cost and are available to book before you go on holiday or in resort with the childcare staff, subject to availability.
Please note: Once in resort you will be asked to confirm whether your child will be using their evening club place. All children participating in both the Snuggle & Pyjama Club are advised to have early dinner to ensure they can enjoy all that the evening clubs have to offer. If numbers are low, clubs may be combined.
Where possible, babysitting is available locally at approx €10 per hour (subject to availability) with the childcare team and is a private arrangement between you. Book in resort.
Free car seats will be included when booking a private transfer, however infants must be included in counting the number of seats required. Alternatively, if you prefer you can take your own child car seat (please advise at time of booking). Child seats for infants cannot be used on our coach transfers.
Please note: We recommend you contact our Reservations team if you wish to bring your own car seat to be used on a coach transfer. This may be possible in some destinations though the two point seat belt type is most common and there would be an additional charge. You may also like to enquire about private transfer options.
Cots and linen
Travel cots with sheets and blankets are available for customers staying in a Crystal run property. These must be pre-booked at time of booking at a possible charge.
You may need to store or heat up bottles/jar food so we have made a fridge, microwave, steriliser and kettle accessible to you 24 hours a day in Hotel Grande Claviere.
A hiring facility is available in certain hotels. Bottles can be warmed at your convenience, monitors give you peace of mind whilst your child is sleeping and DVD players allow you to pack and enjoy your child’s favourite DVD. All are subject to availability, so pre-booking is advised.
Prices per week: Baby monitor €35, DVD player €35, Bottle Warmer €18. A refundable deposit is payable locally at the hotel reception, upon collection.
Private Nanny Service
Available in Courchevel, Tignes, Val d’Isére, Les Arcs, La Plagne, La Rosiére, Flaine, Les Menuires and Val Thorens in France for children aged 6 months-8years. Snacks, drinks and lunch are included as is a free night’s babysitting from 7.30pm-10pm on your chalet host’s evening off. Service runs on 5 days from 8.30am-5pm, as your nanny will take a day off mid-week.
We are happy to welcome children with special needs, disabilities, allergies or medical conditions into both our Pepi Penguin and Whizz Kids Clubs. Please contact us prior to booking your holiday so we can discuss your child’s individual needs in case we feel 1:1 care is needed. All our chalet hosts and chefs are trained to cater for different diets and will ensure your child receives an interesting and varied diet should they have any severe allergies or dietary requirements.
Whizz Kids Club and ski school
Children must also be toilet trained to attend ski school and/or club and children may need to accompany Whizz Kids Leaders to ski school when other children are being dropped off or collected. Children attending Whizz Kids Club must be 4years of age; however skiing children who book Whizzclusive in La Plagne and Tignes can be 3 years, but in Kranjska Gora the age is 5 years.
There are no Whizz Kids/Whizzclusive available in Austria. The majority of ski schools in our childcare resorts are now making it compulsory for children to wear a ski helmets.
Resort kindergarten and ski school facilities
You are able to pre-book a selection of resort kindergartens which are locally run and have been inspected to ensure that they meet the standards you require. Independently operated resort kindergarten and ski school services will comply with local regulations. Therefore, we have not inspected these facilities or premises and are unable to guarantee that the level of care provided will suit your requirements. Should you have any queries or wish to make a booking please contact the local tourist office - all contact details are available on request.
Recommended by Crystal - Hotel-run kids' clubs and activities
We have highlighted a host of hotel créches/kids clubs and other childcare facilities run by our trusted suppliers throughout our winter ski programme. As they are not operated by Crystal we therefore have no control over their operation and child ratios and cannot guarantee the level of care provided will suit your requirements. Some facilities are available to pre-book and some based on a first come first serve basis. All kids clubs, hotel créches and childcare facilities are subject to availability and change.
For your child’s collection security it is essential that you pack an ‘extra’ passport photograph of you/designated person(s) which will be attached to your child’s registration form so our staff can identify you when you collect your child - we ask that all children be signed in and out of every session at only the Crystal Childcare club location. So you are contactable at all times whilst on the slopes, please also bring a mobile phone (with international roaming).